Tavares – On Monday, Lake County declared a local state of emergency. Signed by Lake County Commission Chairman Leslie Campione, the local state of emergency, named Resolution 2020-29, waives the following procedures and formalities required by the County by law or ordinance:
– Performance of public work and taking whatever prudent action is necessary to ensure the health, safety and welfare of the community.
– Entering into contracts.
– Incurring obligations.
– Employment of permanent and temporary workers.
– Utilization of volunteer workers.
– Rental of equipment.
– Acquisition and distribution, with or without compensation, of supplies, materials and facilities.
– Appropriation and expenditure of public funds.
For the latest County related COVID-19 information, visit our COVID-19 page at https://www.lakecountyfl.gov/COVID-19. For public safety tips and regular updates, follow the Lake County Emergency Management Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/LakeCountyFLEmergencyManagement/. For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19, visit https://www.cdc.gov/ or http://www.floridahealth.gov/.