Tavares – Today Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis issued an Executive Order (20-91) for all Floridians to stay home except for those obtaining or providing essential services or activities.
· Residents can still participate in essential travel, which includes going to grocery stores, pharmacies, hardware stores, refueling vehicles, attending doctors’ appointments, and attending religious services.
· Residents can still participate in essential activities (consistent with social distancing guidelines), such as walking, biking, hiking, fishing, hunting, running, or swimming. Lake County parks remain open, however, the restroom facilities within the parks will be closed until further notice.
· Senior citizens and individuals with significant underlying medical conditions are required to stay home to limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
· The Governor’s order requires that non-essential businesses, such as, but not limited to, salons and barber shops, be closed by midnight on April 2.
· Essential Critical Workforce Infrastructure Workers include: Chemical, Commercial Facilities, Communications, Critical Manufacturing, Dams, Defense Industrial Base, Emergency Services, Emergency, Energy, Financial, Food & Agriculture, Government Facilities, Healthcare & Public Health, Information Technology, Nuclear Reactors, Materials & Waste, Transportations Systems and Water.
· Checkout points and staging areas, including storefronts, must be monitored for social distancing requirements by means of marking floors or similar actions.
· To view a complete list of essential services and activities as outlined by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in its Guidance on the Essential Critical Workforce, visit bit.ly/FL-Stay-Home-Order.
To sign up for the latest emergency notifications regarding COVID-19, text COVIDUPDATE to 888777 or visit www.lakecountyfl.gov and follow Emergency Management at www.facebook.com/LakeCountyFLEmergencyManagement and www.twitter.com/lakeemergency. For the latest information, residents can call the Citizens Information Line at 352-253-9999.